MAP Velocity Program
DREAM . VISION . IDEA . STARTUP
TO THE NEXT LEVEL
The Velocity Program helps early-stage founders to speed up
their search for problem-solution fit and
discovery of first customers.
Open to both for profit and for impact startups, you will leave with clarity and accountability in your startup and a strengthened network of like-minded, motivated founders and mentors. By merging the worlds of startup and social enterprise, we also create a valuable experience for startups focused on social and/or environmental impact.
Pressure test your startup over eight evening workshops - JUN - DEC 2017.
Network with MAP17 founders, alumni and broader startup community.
Receive mentorship from our best and brightest.
Celebrate your progress with a Startup Showcase - FEB 2018.
With a blend of theory and skills-based workshops, networking, and mentorship we will help you through the common sticking points startups face as you test your business model. Our workshops draw on lean startup and customer discovery techniques developed in Silicon Valley and impact gaps analysis techniques from the Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship. Three additional workshops will be dedicated to impact founders. MAP supports all kinds of startups across a broad range of categories.
Velocity is open, through a competitive application process, to 30 startups
15 for profit and 15 for impact
No University of Melbourne affiliation is required
The program costs $350 per person.
All applicants will need to be available for the key selection dates outlined below. The 30 successful startups are invited to spend time in the MAP office and will be invited to participate in selected Startup Accelerator workshops.
WHAT's different about VELOCITY?
You will be part of Melbourne's leading startup accelerator program
- Join the MAP community and surround yourself with likeminded people.
You will learn even more about your social issue
- Use techniques developed at the Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship to discover where opportunities really lie to make a real difference.
You will apply startup methodologies to your social impact startup
- Mix and mingle with startup entrepreneurs and impact entrepreneurs.
You will understand what it takes to become accelerator ready
- Get the advice and resources you need to continue testing your venture and your assumptions.
You will be informally introduced to the industry’s well-known accelerators
- MAP, Two Feet by TDi, Spark* by YGAP, and others.
IS VELOCITY FOR ME? IT IS! IF you are...
- An early stage startup looking to validate your business approach (eg. testing if your startup serves a specific market, ensuring your solution serves your beneficiaries etc.)
- Interested in learning about potential business or impact models and revenue streams
- Trying to understand more about your customers, market and developing a sustainable pilot product or service
- Seeking to maximise the impact of your business
- Looking for an experienced network of mentors and peers
The application process is competitive, so please prepare well in advance.